RustyCon is a scifi/fantasy convention that has been running 35 years in the Seattle, Washington area. It from January 12th to the 14th, at the Seattle Airport Marriott hotel and convention center. It looks like it’ll be a lot of fun, so if you’re in the area, stop by and visit me! I love meeting fellow Tolkien-nerds.
Quoted from their front page:
Rustycon is a non-profit volunteer run convention. Our staff is putting together the best little gathering this hotel can handle!
- Epic Gaming LLC and Rustycon are proud to be hosting the Rivals of Ixalan pre-release! Come and experience this new expansion for the popular Magic: The Gathering collectible card game
- Learn! Dozens of one-hour panels and workshops on a dizzying array of topics: Writing, art, costuming, crafts, movies, TV, history, foreign media, RPGs, gaming, science, space exploration, marketing, new technology, relationships, stuff for kids, stuff NOT for kids… Meet and talk with experts and hobbyists! If you’re bored, you’re not here.
- Writing Workshops! World building, character development, plot twists, publishing advice! Share ideas, hear from the pros and get your work out there!
- Costuming Workshops! Sew and craft with the best!
- Gaming! Be among the first to play test new games! Of course our old favorites will be going throughout the convention: Warhammer, Magic the Gathering, D&D, Neverwhen…
- Dance! Get a room, game all night, dance-and if you aren’t good at dancing, we promise there will be someone worse to one-up you.
- Shop! Our dealer’s room is full of hand made and niche genre wonders you won’t find just anywhere: Games, books, clothing, edged weapons, Jewelry, t-shirts and much more
- Art! Something new for your wall? Local and visiting artists of all ages and skill levels will be attending and showing their work. Original and prints will be available! Fantasy, space, furry, fan art… Are you an artist? Join us!
- Music! Fiddle, flute and more! Live entertainment in the evenings!
- Surprise Guests and Special Events Oh just show up, you’ll have a fabulous time.
See you there!