Welcome to the Realelvish Random Name Generator! This name generator works a bit differently from others on the internet.
- A program isn’t doing the name-making. That means no random syllable games being passed off as Tolkien’s languages.
- Tolkien isn’t doing the name-making either. These are unique names for your unique characters.
- The names generated here are all made by the translators of this website.
- If you click on a generated name, you can see information on how the name was created and what name lists on the website it can be found in.
- The generator is randomly selecting from a database of over 7 thousand names, the same names that are in this website’s Name Lists.
All this means that you will get unique names that you can trust are linguistically sound. Enjoy!
The main character of your next story will be named:
Tarheth: Stiff/Rough One (Female) in Gondorian Sindarin
Their spouse/love interest will be named:
Cinnoganc “Small Jaw/Row of Teeth (Gender-Neutral)” in Gondorian Sindarin and Woodelven Sindarin
Their best friend will be named:
Eristor “Lone Lore Master (Gender-Neutral)” in Sindarin
Their enemy will be named:
Wanwo “Lost/Vanished/Departed/Dead One (Male)” in Valinor Quenya
Their horse will be named:
Rochal “Hidden Horse” in Doriathren Sindarin and Woodelven Sindarin
Their weapon will be named:
Amathlain “Lean/Thin/Meager Shield” in Sindarin
The ship that they sail to Valinor on will be called:
Bregolalph “Fierce Swan” in Sindarin
If you want custom names made to fit your characters’ back-stories by one of our translators, go to the Translation Requests page.
Please consider donating! This website is a lot of work, time, and money spent, and we need all the help we can get!