This namelist was created for names given in the Third and Fourth Ages by Gondorians. Before choosing a name, review the Gondorians’ Naming Traditions page to make certain you know how to choose a name.
The Númenóreans used Sindarin like a status symbol. The wealthy and nobles spoke it to each other and used it as a formal language of law, along side of Quenya, which was even “higher” to them. Therefore, anyone one with an education or some money or some noble title would name themselves and their children in Sindarin to showcase their status.
- All in One Namelist – All of the names in a single, very long list.
- People Names – Names for your characters.
- Horse Names – Names for your characters’ horses.
- Weapon Names – Names for your characters’ weapons.
- Ship Names – Names for your characters’ ships.
- Place Names – Names for the unnamed places of Arda.
- Historical Event Names – Names for the battles, infamous decisions, and nameable events of your version of Arda.