Basically, I took the old Quenya personality namelist and moved all of the names into the database format. The names now appear in the Random Name Generator, and on these new pages: Personality Names: Valinor and Exilic Emotional Names: Valinor and Exilic Enjoy!
Here’s a link to my Miscon appearances, and here’s the descriptions of them: Sat 1:00 – 1:50 PM, Dialogue and Non-Narrative Languages, Yellowstone Panelists: Fiona Jallings (dreamingfifi) In this panel, linguist Fiona Jailings will talk about how to include non-narrative languages in your stories. Whether it’s Middle Earth or Tokyo,
The Sindarin namelists have all been added to the database! I just updated the links and put redirects up on the old pages. Next is the Quenya namelists!
I’m so close to finishing the transfer of the Sindarin names to the database! Only a few hundred left!!!
This is not by any stretch of the imagination any sort of completeness, but it’s progress! Finally, when you use the Random Name Generator, it will spit out names that start with letters other than A, B, or C, and the other sections look a little less empty. I still
I know that ads suck, and they are no fun. But, I have to put them on my website. I’m trying to turn this into a viable business, and I’m not currently making enough money through my website to make minimum wage, so I’ve gotta do it somehow. This will
The ink has barely had a chance to dry on the first edition, and I’m already planning the second edition of A Fan’s Guide to Neo-Sindarin. I just posted a page called “For the Second Edition” explaining mistakes that I plan on fixing in the next edition of the book,
Sorry about all of the recent downtime folks, but I think I’ve got it fixed. I moved my whole website to new servers! This new setup should be much, much better, cheaper, and with a lot less downtime. The database of names is fixed up, and the names starting with
So, after doing battle with the namelists for years, after crashing the database more times than I care to recall, I’ve come to a realization, which led to a decision. I’ve made the namelist databases too complex. So, the way to solve this problem is to make the databases less
This was a lot of fun to do!