Need a custom translation? Then you’re in the right place!
Here are guides for how to request a translation that loses as little of the translation as possible.
Need to name your characters, but want a custom name? Go here!
Want to know how to say your name in Elvish? (Or write it in Tengwar?) Go here!
Need custom translations for your characters to speak? Go here!
Need a Tengwar or Cirth text for a tattoo or any other sort of inscription? Go here!
These are the languages that I can translate into:
- Quenya Archaic, Exilic, and Gondorian dialects – Plenty of vocabulary and a mostly complete grammar.
- Sindarin Archaic, Exilic, Doriathren, Woodelven, and Gondorian dialects- Plenty of vocabulary and a fairly complete grammar.
- Adûnaic – Limited vocabulary and a limited grammar.
These are the scripts that I can write with.
- Tengwar, Classical Mode
Quenya: Hlassen nairea linderya mi laicatauresse.
Sindarin: Lastannen i lind dhem dîn mi Eryn Lasgalen.
English: I heard her sad song in Greenwood.
- Tengwar, Mode of Beleriand (Sindarin Only) Lastannen i lind dhem dîn mi Eryn Lasgalen.
- Cirth (Sindarin Only) Lastannen i lind dhem dîn mi Eryn Lasgalen.
All translation requests are free for monthly donators. Otherwise, I charge thusly:
- A Character’s Names: $10 per a character
For all of the names for one character in Sindarin, Quenya, or Adûnaic.
- Cirth/Tengwar: $5 per a word.
Lines of poetry, random phrases, names, words written with Tengwar or Cirth. Transcriptions will be sent in the form of PDFs unless requested otherwise.
- Line Translation: $20 per a line.
Translations of lines of poetry, dialogue, random phrases into Sindarin, Quenya, or Adûnaic. A line is about 10 words or 2 sentences long, and a 1 line of poetry = 1 line.
- Word Translation: $1 per a word.
A word translated into Sindarin, Quenya, or Adûnaic.
- Your Name Translated: $5 per a name.
Our-World names translated into Sindarin, Quenya, or Adûnaic. Price is per the name, so for a first name and surname, each would count as a separate name.